Sunday, September 6, 2015

Your Friends at Sidewinders on Two want you to know this


Happy Labor Day Weekend,

I hope you are enjoying this weekend. I hope you take some time to get on.

This is the best time of the year to work Tropo. There have been a large number of opportunities to work some the past several days and sadly I think most of you are missing it.  The entire Southeast quadrant of the USA should be at the radio and working it.  The only real reports I am seeing are coming from the Northern Plains and the New England.


As I have stated before, don't waste your time looking at Hepburn. Be watching the NWS Regional and National Radar Mosaics. They are best indicators for Tropo. 


Link:

http://swotrc.net/SWOT_Propagation_Page.htm

Next. I will be taking some time off the next few weeks. I have updated the Website this week (Hamfests for the month). 

If you have anything of interest for a Bulletin, please send it to me. I would be thrilled to hear about your results this past Spring and Summer. Also any gatherings and of course Net/Group results and events. They don't have to be SWOT related. It would be nice to let others know what is going on with 2 Meters. Even here in central Arizona stuff is happening. 


I would really like to get out a Bulletin in October. 
If I don't get anything, I am not wasting my time.

The September VHF Contest is next weekend. Join in. You might be surprised what you can work.
Have fun, make some noise and let other know what is happening.

Thanks to Art KA5DWI/7 for this information

No comments:

Post a Comment

News from the American Radio Relay League