All ARES-Oklahoma participants,
The 2014 ARES-Oklahoma Simulated Emergency Test (SET)
will be (time frame 0900-1500 Local).
This year's SET will different and in years past. Rather than a exercise held in many locations through-out our very wide state. This year's SET will in one location and the workshop will be a combination of training and a table top exercise. If this is successful, next year the SET/workshop will be in another single location (such as OKC).
The first portion of this years SET will be training and the second half of the event will be a table top exercise (actually working the SET and putting to use what we learned). This should be a very productive day - make your plans to attend - see info below on how to sign up.
When: , 0900-1500 Local.
We will break for lunch, the meal will be on your own.
What to being:
- Your copy of the SET documents and forms (which will be posted later this month to ARESOK.org for easy download and printing) please bring a few extra copies of blank forms
- Pencil & pen and note paper (spiral note book or steno book will work)
- 2-meter HT and spare battery
- ARES DEPLOYMENT VEST (if you don't have one yet... you're still welcome to attend)
Prior to attending it is suggested that you should have completed NIMS/ICS training courses
IS-100.b, IS-200.b, IS-700.a and IS-800.b
Which are all FREE, easy to do and all on-line at http://www.aresok.org/
This will be a business casual and professional environment.
We have 50 open seats for this workshop. The focus of this workshop will be primary for ARES-OK Leaders and key team members. It is open to all registers ARES-OK volunteers and will be first come first seated.
We're using VolunteerSpot to organize this workshop - please the 3 easy steps below to sign up for the ARES-Oklahoma Simulated Emergency Test (SET).
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/xcPbKz
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone.
I Look forward to seeing many of you at this year's ARES-Oklahoma Simulated Emergency Test (SET) workshop in Tulsa.
Thank you & 73,
Oklahoma Section Emergency Coordinator
Amateur Radio Emergency Service