The following are the steps to become an ARES Oklahoma Member
1. To become a Volunteer with ARES-Oklahoma you simply register at www.ARESOK.org (see #3 below). You do not need to be a member of any group, club or the ARRL.
2. To be an Leader within the ARES-Oklahoma, you apply at www.ARESOK.org. ARRL membership is required for all appointed leaders at the time of appointment to the leadership role.
Note: you can join the ARRL on-line at www.ARRL.org and/or you can typically join at many local hamfests.
3. To register with ARES-Oklahoma:
* Go to www.ARESOK.org
* On the left side of the page click "* APPLY *"
* On the map that is displayed, click on your county.
* Scroll down under the map and from the pull-down (next to Position Applied For) select VOLUNTEER or leadership role
* Fill in the blanks, and click "apply."
This adds your name to the ARES-Oklahoma register. For Leaders, once appointed (AEC and above), you will now have access to all the tools on the website that you'll need, such as reports, volunteer data, resource information, and more. Registering on-line associates your name and call sign with ARES-Oklahoma.
Keep in touch with ARES-Oklahoma - go to groups.Yahoo.com/group/AresOklahoma and click "Join this Group!" on the right hand side of the page and sign up to receive all the latest ARES-Oklahoma news.
Thanks to Mark Conklin, N7XYO for this information.